Connect an unused smartphone or tablet to the internet through Wi-Fi, or a cellular connection. Download the Home HQ app on that device, sign into Home HQ with your user name and password, then open and follow instructions to setup that device as a Home HQ camera. Like any Wi-Fi camera, you should leave it plugged into power. If motion is detected, an email will be sent to you with a link to the captured video. View what’s happening at home through your device’s camera from anywhere in the world where a cellular or Wi-Fi connection is available. The iOS camera supports landscape and portrait orientation. The Android camera supports landscape mode only. Note: The “take a picture” feature is currently available for iOS devices only.
Articles in this section
- What is the Home HQ video camera?
- How do I set up my smartphone or tablet as a Home HQ camera?
- What is the maximum number of smartphone or tablet cameras I can add?
- How do I enable motion detection?
- How much data does the Home HQ smartphone or tablet camera use?
- How do I dim the screen?
- How do I review the videos?
- Where can I get more information about the Home HQ smartphone or tablet camera?