The great thing about Home HQ is you can create custom rules that are totally suited to you and your family. Plus, the more smart devices you add to your setup, the more ways you can combine devices together to create even more powerful rules.
Below are some examples to get you started on making the most out of Home HQ. Some examples may require additional devices such as smart bulbs.
- Save money on your electricity bill and reduce vampire power by turning off appliances like your TV and video game consoles when you go out for the day.
If I go into 'Away' mode and the time is between 07:00am every day and 09:00am then My Entertainment Unit Plug switch off.
- If you want to walk into your bedroom at night and find your way without touching a switch, you can use an entry sensor attached to your bedroom door to automatically trigger a smart light bulb or plug.
If my 'Bedroom Sensor' opens and the time is between 07:00pm every day and 05:00am then make my 'Bedroom Light' switch on.
- You could also want to restrict the kid's time in front of the TV, and make sure they go to bed. During weeknights you could turn off their TV just before bedtime!
If the time is 08:30pm on Mon & Tue & Wed & Thu & Fri then make my 'Play Room Plug' switch off.
- Got pets? Keep them comfortable while you're out on hot days by using the temperature sensor to turn on a pedestal fan.
If My Lounge Temp goes above 26 degrees Celsius and I am in 'Away' mode then My Fan Plug switch on.
- Have the peace of mind knowing the kids got home from school on time by being notified when they open the door.
If My Main Door Sensor opens and I am in 'Away' mode and the time is between 03:00pm Mon & Tue & Wed & Thu & Fri and 05:00pm then notify me by phone.